Friday, April 9, 2010

Cards for the Troops

Having a strong military family history, one of my favorite things to do is make cards for the troops ! There are 2 different programs that I try to support by providing handmade cards. The first, Operation Welcome Home Maryland !, provides a warm Hero's welcome to Sailors, Airmen, Soldiers and Marines as they enter the states through the international gates at Baltimore/Washington Airport. Volunteers hand out "goodie bags" to the military men and women. The goodie bags contain bottles of water, snacks, and a handmade card (welcoming them home and thanking them for their service). Here's a sample of one of the cards I make for this program.


The second program I provide handmade cards for is From Our Hearts. We provide a variety of cards (birthday, miss you, love you, holiday, etc) that are sent to military chaplains at forward deployed areas. These cards are for the military folks to send home to their loved ones.

If you are interested in supporting either of these programs, please leave me a msg and I'll contact you with additional information.

Now.....off to play with my new Stampin' Up! products !! Hope everyone has a Stamp Happy weekend !!

No comments: